The minimum entry requirements for the ND Programmes are as follows:
1. SSCE/GCE ordinary level or its equivalent with credit passes in five subjects relevant to the programme obtained at not more than two sittings.
2. Five credit passes in relevant subjects obtained at the final examination of an NBTE recognized Preliminary National Diploma (PRE-ND) Programme offered in a polytechnic or similar tertiary technical institution.
3. The National Technical Certificate (NTC) or National Business Certificate (NBC) with pass in a trade plus four relevant academic subjects.
4. A satisfactory score in the UTME examination, which is conducted annually by JAMB.
5. Holders of the Advanced National Technical Certificate (ANTC) may be given enhanced placement in the ND Programme provided they have also met the minimum entry requirements into the ND Programmes and obtained good grades in the ANTC Examinations.
1. Relevant Subjects
a) GCE O'Level of SSCE with a minimum of pass grades/ordinary passes or their equivalent in English Language and Mathematics and three subjects chosen from:
i. Biology/Agricultural Science/Health Science
v. Further Mathematics
vi. Technical Drawing/Fine Arts
vii. Food and Nutrition
viii. Basic Electricity
ix. Metal Work
x. Auto Mechanics
xi. General Metal Work
xii. General Woodwork
xiii. Home Economics
xiv. Religious Knowledge
xvi. Clothing and Textile
Choice of the three subjects will determine the programme in which the candidate will finally enrol for the National Diploma.
b) National Technical Certificate (NTC) or equivalent with pass grades in the relevant trade and passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and two subjects from (a) above relevant to the programme of study.